Grimshaw and Buro Happold Among the Presenters at the Grasshopper UK User Group Meeting.
Join Simply Rhino and McNeel at Grimshaw for the Grasshopper UGM, with updates from McNeel, a presentation from our hosts Grimshaw alongside Buro Happold, and a V-Ray for Grasshopper update and presentation from Chaos.
- Date: Wednesday 22nd June 2022
- Time: 18:30 – 20:30
- Location: Grimshaw, 57 Clerkenwell Road, London, EC1M 5NG
- Book your place: The event is free to attend but you must register for your place
Presenters at the Grasshopper UK UGM include:
Carlos Perez and Agustina Jaime from McNeel Europe
Carlos and Agustina will be presenting at our first (post lockdown) in-person User Group Meeting, topics they’ll be addressing include:
- What’s new and what’s coming in Rhino v8. What can we expect to see in the next release of Rhino?
- How users of Rhino v7 can access and influence the development of Rhino v8 and beyond.
- What else have the Rhino development team been up to while locked up for 2 x Pandemic Years? Come and find out!
- There’ll also be discussions around the status of Grasshopper v2, Compute / Hops and of course, Rhino.Inside.Revit.
Georgios Tsakiridis from Grimshaw and Dr Al Fisher from Buro Happold
Our second presentation will be from Georgios Tsakiridis, London Computational Design Manager at Grimshaw and Dr Al Fisher, Head of Computational Development at Buro Happold.
The wider AEC industry has recently seen a growing number of platform-based approaches, focusing on the deployment of DFMA and industrialised construction. A common aid to this approach is digital configurator solutions, ever-increasingly developed by AEC practices, technology start-ups, and others, aiming to improve design efficiency. This talk will focus on the proposed Common Configurator Framework – a means to allow these diversely developed configurators to exchange data with one another – developed as part of the on-going research under the UK-led Construction Innovation Hub (CIH) research programme.
Yavor Stoikov – Team Lead, Technical Content & Media • 3D Team • Chaos
Chaos’ 3D artist, Yavor Stoikov, will showcase how V-Ray’s powerful and time-saving V-Ray can accelerate your daily workflow in Rhino and Grasshopper. Watch as he explores and populates with Geometry, Set Lighting, Set Camera effects, and Set Animations.
You will find out how to:
- Work with V-Ray, Vision and Vantage in live link
- Use, manage and populate Chaos Cosmos assets including editing and work-sharing
- Generate environment lighting
- Create an object, sun, or camera animation
- Render out straight from Grasshopper or using Rhino functionalities also
- What’s coming soon
Yavor’s presentation will be followed by Q&A.
Yavor joined Chaos in 2010. With a background in architecture, he started as a 3D artist and became one of the driving forces behind the V-Ray Training Program. Since then, he has travelled around the globe as a CG Specialist to meet with artists and studios in the AEC and M&E industries, helping users to optimise their workflow using V-Ray.
Catch up with our previous events, including our last Online Grasshopper UK User Group Meeting where we were joined by engineers Eckersley O’Callaghan and Karamba3D Developer, Clemens Preisinger.
Organised by Simply Rhino
Sponsored by BEAM